Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Teaches one or more curriculum Math and Science subjects in the ATI curriculum. Uses creativity, humor, imagination, animations and simulations in order to develop schemes of work, and plan lessons to foster a healthy learning culture within the classroom and generate the most effective interactions with students.
• Prepares daily lesson plans and delivers them to a range of student groups, targeting the subject performance standards and indicators.
• Selects and uses effective instructional methods and appropriate learning materials.
• Implements effective progress assessment measures.
• Participates in producing module/unit quizzes and reinforcing materials.
• Evaluates the students' work, gives them feedback and maintains records of students' progress and development.
• Maintains the academic records of students on LMS (Learning Management System) and attendance on SIS (Student Information System).
• Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
• Establishes a cooperative relationship with all assigned students and instructors.
• Provides academic support to the students on an individual basis, where difficulties with learning are apparent.
• Observes and monitors students' behavior in the classroom and Laboratories on ATI premises, and applies appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
• Participates, when required, in departmental and Institute level meetings with Senior Instructors, Math & Science and Head, Academic Services Department to review curriculum content and pedagogical methods.
• Participates in the ATI in-house training programs as part of continuing professional development.
• Participates in and/or organizes extracurricular activities at ATI, such as the ATI sports day and national day celebrations.
• Provides ideas and feedback relating to the curriculum and suggests improvement plans.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students and other professionals on a regular basis.
• Collaborates with peers to enhance the learning and teaching environment.
• Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating with other colleagues.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Senior Instructor, Math & Science such as remedial lessons in the Learning Enhancement Center (LEC).
• Ensures that the students' academic and HSE needs are met including incident reporting and HSE training.
• Ensures that ATI quality assurance policies and procedures are applied at all times to all teaching and assessment procedures.
• Performs occasional weekend duties to assist in the administration of Institutional Entry Tests Cambridge Language Tests, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Chemistry, Physics) or Mathematics preferably with a teaching certificate/degree.
• Five (5) years of experience in teaching Math or Science with at least two years inside UAE.
• Computer literate with MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel processing skills. Familiarity with using Learning Management System (LMS) and Student Information System (SIS).
• Fluent in English.